Team Manager Children' - Leaving Care 5179424
United Kingdom || Bradford || Manchester Road || BD5 0QL
Key Purpose of Post:
To act in a professional consultative, supervisory and managerial capacity to professionally qualified Social Work staff and Community Resource Workers in order to provide a statutory service to children, young people and their families living in the District.
To manage a team of professional Social Workers, and Community Resource Workers whose task is to fulfil on behalf of the Local Authority’s statutory duties and responsibilities for children and young people in need and/or in need of protection and children looked after, assessing, intervening, planning and reviewing the needs of service users, and to establish, monitor and review packages of support to meet those needs.
To safeguard children and promote the welfare of children and young people.
Main Responsibilities of Post:
· Chairing of multi agency planning meetings for children and young people, ensuring that partnership working takes place with other services, both internal and external to the Council, to deliver effective and co-ordinated plans, which respond to identified needs and/or risks.
· Effectively allocate and manage staff resources using case management, review and allocation systems, to ensure that all cases have smart, outcome focused care plans that are regularly reviewed to avoid any drift.
· Responsible for the supervision and appraisal of individual workers to ensure that appropriate professional social care standards of practice are met and that continuous professional development takes place and is embedded and recorded.
· Monitor and manage team performance using performance management information and tools to ensure that performance against local and national targets is achieved and maintained.
· Routinely quality assure and audit social work case records, assessments, plans and documentation to ensure that practice standards are being met and to support staff development and appraisal.
· Undertake all elements of staff management including recruitment, progression, capability and absence in line with Corporate and Departmental policies and procedures.
· Ensure that all statutory requirements with regard to social work practice and processes are met and that Departmental policies and procedures are adhered to and delivered in accordance with these.
· Provide critical reflection, challenge and evidence-informed decision-making in complex situations for children on behalf of the Department, in line with delegated decision making authority. Support others in developing these capabilities, and finding their own solutions.
· Promote positive approaches to diversity and identity within the team and across the department, providing guidance and challenge as required. Implementing policy developments and decision-making in line with the overall Service.
· Participating in and observing front line practice when required.
· Promote the use of evidence and theory to support best practice in complex and changing circumstance. Participate in the learning of the service, supporting and facilitating projects and events that lead to the development of operational practice.
· Working in partnership with and understanding other services functions to ensure an effective and co-ordinated response to identified needs.
· Making decisions on expenditure of money within Department guidelines set out by the Service Manager and maintaining effective monitoring systems for the same.
· Ensuring that statutory requirements are met, that relevant policies and guidelines are adhered to and services delivered in accordance with these.
· Ensuring that the needs of ethnic minorities and other disadvantaged groups are met.
· To be responsible for the health and safety of staff, ensuring that statutory requirements are adhered to.
What's on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate - paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**