Children' Social Worker (Child in Need/CP Team) 517947
United Kingdom || Macclesfield || || SK10 1EA
Social work position at the Child in Need and Child Protection team based in Macclesfield
JOB PURPOSE Within the framework of legislation, agreed Authority policies and procedures, through assessment and care management, to work with or on behalf of individuals and families to meet their social care needs in order to optimise their wellbeing, maximise their independence/potential and so improve the quality of their life and, where required, intervene to protect them from risk of significant harm. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES 1 Assess the need for social work service including the identification of risk and the need for protection and determine the method of intervention. 2 Decide or advise on the use of appropriate Children’s Social Care Services and/or other resources. 3 Liaise and negotiate with other professionals, statutory and voluntary agencies to ensure that the best possible service is provided for children and their families. 4 Manage an allocated workload within individual and group priorities and Authority policies. 5 Comply with the statutory obligations of the Service. 6 Maintain appropriate records of work undertaken and carry out required administrative procedures. 7 Prepare for and attend supervision sessions and staff meetings and make use of all available training and developmental opportunities. 8 Contribute to the evaluation and development of services and new ideas by sharing knowledge about theory, skills and practice with other Children’s Social Care staff, professional groups and interested bodies. 9 Supervise, assess and contribute to the development of students and other staff. OFFICIAL February 2018 The job holder may be required at any time to undertake any work up to and/or at a level consistent with existing responsibilities. These tasks may be at any location in Cheshire East, to ensure the effective deployment of labour, materials, transport and equipment to meet daily service requirements.
What's on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate - paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**