Youth Justice Practitioner 000495E61
United Kingdom || Wakefield || Wood Street 2 || WF1 2HQ
The role is within the Wakefield Youth Justice Service. We require an experienced practitioner who has significant knowledge of the Youth Justice system. The candidate will hold a full caseload and should have knowledge of how to assess, plan and deliver the range of statutory orders. They will hold a full driving licence and will work full time and be based within the office and at home. they will work across the whole district.
Overall Purpose of the Post:
To directly contribute to achieving the aims of Wakefield Youth Offending Team, specifically:
- To enable all young people to have a positive, safe and rewarding experience in their childhood and teenage years and to make a successful transition to adulthood by achieving their full potential.
- To prepare young people for adulthood equipped with a good education, job prospects and social skills and to be valued and engaged as citizens, by undertaking thorough assessments and delivering effective interventions.
- To promote the welfare of children and young people. To promote their capacity for change and social inclusion. To deliver and review interventions within a framework informed by research evidence and best practice guidance, which is underpinned by principles of anti-discriminatory practice
- To contribute to community safety and crime reduction strategies by working in partnership with other agencies to achieve a reduction in offending and to promote positive outcomes for all young people in the Wakefield district.
- To promote and support the participation of young people in decision making, in relation to: Service delivery, Service development and Staff recruitment, and to ensure youth voice activity is recorded
A relevant professional qualification recognised in Youth Work, Youth Justice or Targeted Youth Support , together with registration with the relevant awarding / professional body eg GSCC where applicable
Demonstrable evidence of working towards a professional qualification relevant to the work area.
Significant experience of working in a relevant discipline.
This post will require the ability to travel around the district and to transport young people. A full driving licence is required.
Evidence of maintaining skill and knowledge base in a professional field through post qualifying training or other opportunities.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**