Children' Social Worker (Complex Needs) 000496261
United Kingdom || Sale || Waterside || M33 7ZF
Social Workers x2 – Complex Needs
Location: Borough-wide, main office locations Trafford Town Hall or Sale Waterside
Here at Trafford Council we are ambitious for our children and our workforce. We are committed to improving our services for the families we support and achieving great outcomes for children. We are inviting you to help shape the future of Childrens Social Care in Trafford.
We want all children and families to benefit from high quality and purposeful relationships with professionals. We believe this will help create the best opportunities for people to change and reach their full potential.
We also believe one of the most effective ways to improve the outcomes for children and families is through providing our social workers with the best conditions in which they can thrive.
We’re seeking dedicated and experienced Social Workers to join us. We have a strong vision for social work practice in Trafford and are developing a new approach to social work by embedding Restorative Practice throughout the service. There is a commitment to low caseloads with embedded supervision and strong supportive managers. You will be developed into an excellent practitioner through a comprehensive Continuous Package of Development.
The Complex Needs (Children’s Social Care) team works with a wide range of children and young people with disabilities across the borough up to the age of 18. The service provides support to children with challenging behaviours, autism, learning disabilities, and complex health and physical disabilities. We are highly regarded by parents and colleagues across Trafford and we work closely with parents, school and the community to help parents raise the most challenging children. We undertake Child in Need, Child Protection, care proceedings and other court work, and Children in Care. The work is varied and all your skills as a social worker will be called upon.
The Complex Needs team supports children with complex needs to remain at home whenever possible and for as long as possible. We are looking for people who can adopt an innovative approach to supporting children's social care and ensure continuity of care to our vulnerable service users. You will have a sound knowledge of legislation relevant to the posts and demonstrable insight into the issues facing children, young people and families. With strong communication and assessment skills, you will have the ability to develop effective working relationships with families and colleagues from various agencies.
What's on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate - paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**