Team Manager Children' Social Worker (Family Placement) 0004912C1
United Kingdom || Stretford || || M32 0TH
This request is to recruit an agency Team Leader on the Family Placement Team to cover maternity leave of the existing post holder for up to 12 months which has already started.
Even though this post is for Team Leader on Adoption & SGO it is very much a part of the family placement team and will also provide cover to the fostering service
This team leader undertakes Duty Manager on a rota basis for the wider Family Placement Team 1 week in 3. The post holder is service team leader for LCS improvements for the team and this work arising from health check and LCS reconfiguration of an end to end pathway will be ongoing to embed in the team until September 2021.
The team leader supervises 3 social workers and 2 supervising social workers. Open cases for adoption workers are
Workload involved in tracking includes LPM attendance and completion of CPRs.
Responding, screening and allocating SGO support, attends CIN closure meetings, Where more intervention needed the team leader allocates to Alison, Elaine or Katy to offer further support, attends local regional group of colleagues working in SGO support and also the CoramBAAF special interest group which currently meets virtually.
The team leader attends the adoption tracking meeting monthly and is the lead for tracking progression of plans of adoptions she is the lead Trafford operational manager for Adoption Counts and attends Adoption Counts Operational Managers meetings. The team leader completes the ALB for the adoption and SGO data every quarter for submission.
The team leader QAs all adoption work – CPRs, Annex As, care plans, LAC review reports, court statements and fostering annual reviews / assessments / supervisions etc. for the SSW supervisees.
There are significant risks that without this leadership capacity, management oversight and the safety and regulatory compliance of the service will be compromised and that service development will be less effective. Carers who are feeling unsupported may transfer to other agencies resulting in reduced placement capacity within the service. Without effective leadership, the recruitment of new Foster Carers to the service will be less effective.
The service redesign and review will require capacity to achieve significant change management which is likely to include reshaping of the delivery of adoption and SGO functions.
What's on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate - paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**