Advanced Children' Social Worker (Complex Needs) 000491F71
United Kingdom || Sale || Waterside || M33 7ZF
Trafford Council and its partners in the public, private and third sectors are embarking on a Vision which sees us working together to close inequality gaps and maximise Trafford’s huge potential. Our vision is working together to build the best future for all our communities and everyone in Trafford
Trafford really is a great place to work. With a positive permission culture, we embrace innovation and encourage performance. We’re keen to recruit someone with the right values and behaviours that can help us ensure our workplace values are at the heart of everything we do
As the Senior Practitioner on the Complex Needs team you will support the team leader in ensuring high quality social work is undertaken with our children and young people with complex needs. We define complex needs as those children with complex autism at risk of coming into care or children with learning disabilities. In working with this group you will provide high quality casework advice for children in need, children looked after, child protection and court work.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a practitioner, interested in leadership opportunities, to be a key member of a dynamic team working with some of the most complex children and situations. You will use all your social work skills as well as learn new ones as you develop your understanding of this fascinating and evolving field of practice.
The work is complex and fast paced however you will have a limited caseload as you will be supporting other workers and provide leadership support to the Complex Needs pathways.
The senior practitioner post plays a key role in ensuring the Preparing for Adulthood (PfA) agenda is driven forward. Preparing for Adulthood is a key developmental moment for young people and you will manage the PfA: Complex Needs Pathway and ensuring the PfA landmarks are undertaken including ensuring relevant applications to the Court of Protection.
You will provide leadership and casework supervision to the Short Break team. You will provide supervision to four members of the team, provide assurance and quality control of assessments and plans. You will ensure that children and young people transfer successfully between the short break team and the social work team as their needs change.
You will provide supervision and work allocation to the family support workers.
You will provide advice and guidance to partner teams and agencies as they support their children with disabilities”
We have a strong vision for social work practice in Trafford and are developing a new approach to social work by embedding Restorative Practice throughout the service. There is a commitment to low caseloads with embedded supervision and strong supportive managers. You will be developed into an excellent practitioner through a comprehensive Continuous Package of Development.
What's on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate - paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**