Adults Social Worker 00047A781
United Kingdom || Wakefield || Waterton Road 8 || WF2 8HT
We are a large, busy and supportive adult social care team based within a Connecting Care Hub of partners, including health, pharmacy, housing, Age UK and Carers Wakefield. We are a generic team working with adults 18 plus+. We cover the West side of the district.
We are seeking a qualified social worker with experience of working with adults to join us.
We are seeking someone with expereince of working within the following areas:-
- Aware of our responsibilities under the Care Act 2014 in relation to the priciples of the Act, prevention, having strengths based conversations in order to determine eligibility and support planning with service users, families and advocates.
-Aware of the prinicples of the Mental Capacity Act 2005 with experience of undertaking Capcaity and Best Interest Assessments.
-Expereince of NHS Continuing Healthcare including undertaking checklists and attending DST meetings.
-A proven abaility to manage a caseload effectively.
-Expereince of working within a fast paced environment.
Must hold full UK driving licence.
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults,
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**