Team Manager Childrens (Fostering) RQ427787
United Kingdom || Wallasey || Brighton Street || CH44 8ED
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Team Manager within Fostering. You will Lead and manage a team to deliver high quality, effective and consistent social work practice, ensuring that the greatest care and diligence is maintained to achieve the best possible outcomes for children, young people, and their families. You will ensure that staff and key stakeholders are briefed appropriately in relation to council wide communications and matters relevant to the Service area. You will oversee and scrutinise the quality of the service and practice to make sure decisions are made in the best interests of the child, young person, and their families. you will manage staff in line with agreed social work standards and organisational policies and procedures. Liaise and build collaborative multiagency relationships taking responsibility for promoting the organisation and its services and shaping its future direction. You will comply with service procedures and legal requirements to manage and respond to enquiries and complaints and deal with enquiries from Councillors and attend Committees as required. We are looking for someone who has extensive experience of managing a team within a Social Care environment. Experience of dealing effectively with employee performance management issues in line with corporate policies. Someone with significant experience of mentoring and coaching others across all levels of social care practitioners and someone with significant experience of dealing with complex cases carrying risk of harm. Experience of working with children and families in statutory services and experience of working with partner agencies. You will need to be qualified in Social Work e.g. Degree in Social Work; Dip SW, Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and able to evidence this and have evidence of continued professional development (CPD).
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**