Best Interest Assessor 5177402
United Kingdom || Macclesfield || || SK10 1EA
12 month post
Working with DoLS team
4 cases per week
No duty responsibilities
Needs to be available to be on patch in Cheshire East
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES 1 Undertake Best Interest Assessments for the DOLS process within legal timeframes. 2 Liaison with mental health assessors, advocates, care homes and hospitals as required as part of the assessment process. 3 Undertake a consultative role, based on developing skills, experience and expertise. 4 To be responsible for ensuring practice and procedures are compliant with regulations, Mental Capacity Act and in line with the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards Code of Practice. 5 Act as a resource, including training, for care home/hospital settings. 6 To contribute to the integrated safeguarding unit and service development. The role is split between casework, developmental work and management support according to the need of the service at any time
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults,
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**