Learning & Development Officer 5122212220241
United Kingdom || Durham || || DH1 5UL
1. DESCRIPTION OF ROLE
The Learning & Development Officer is responsible for the planning, development and delivery of training / development programmes, producing Scheme of Work, Lesson Plans and resources as required. Delivering high quality training and development programmes against identified targets - enabling learners to maximise their individual potential to support the team in the delivery of external contracts.
2. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES SPECIFIC TO THIS POST
Listed below are the responsibilities this role will be primarily responsible for:
2.1 Teach designated hours, with a flexible approach to delivering across curriculum areas as needed to fulfil learner/employer and contractual requirements.
2.2 Undertake the design and delivery of effective training and development programmes.
2.3 Prepare schemes of work and session plans with appropriate resources and course materials.
2.4 Undertake initial interview and assessment to determine learners’ current level of competence resulting in the preparation of appropriate training and development materials.
2.5 Monitor the progress of individual learners – providing appropriate levels of guidance and support – ensuring purposeful and effective training programmes are maintained.
9.5 Develop and deliver programmes, ensuring that the necessary educational, organisational and administrative activities are completed. To be available at appropriate times and appropriate venues.
9.6 To provide high quality, impartial information, advice and guidance relating to training, education and work, in line with service values and to meet quality standards.
9.7 To work collaboratively alongside and with other Officers employed within Durham Employment & Skills.
9.8 Work with the Quality Co-Ordinator to review performance and compliance against appropriate standards in order to maintain a clear view of the programme and identify any areas for improvement.
9.9 Maintain organisational standards administrative procedures, relating to training, internal moderation and quality record systems.
9.10 Ensure the level and condition of equipment is appropriate for the delivery of effective training programmes.
9.11 Ensure training and assessments are provided in a safe working environment complying with all Health and Safety legislative requirements, statutory and Council policy requirements.
9.12 Maintain an up-to date level of technical and training knowledge/expertise.
9.13 Comply with Equal Opportunities legislative requirements and Council Policy to ensure equity in employment matters and service provision.
9.14 To uphold the Council’s standing as a body providing public services in a professional, competent, helpful and polite manner, maintaining strict confidentiality at all times.
9.15 As an integral part of the staff team, maintain a flexible, involved and supportive role towards the work of the organisation - undertaking any other duties that may reasonably be required by the Manager.
· Possess a recognised training / teaching qualification, e.g. City & Guilds 7307, 7407, Cert Ed, or appropriate professional qualification and relevant experience
· Hold A1/V1 (D32/33) or equivalent
· Level 4/5 Subject Specialism
· Hold IAG Level 4 or working towards
· Delivering a range of training and development programmes
· Design and develop training programmes
· Recent experience in the field of training
· Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to relate effectively to a wide range audience
· Ability to design, promote and deliver individual training programmes to a range of abilities
· Ability to liaise effectively with employers, external parties and contracting bodies
· To be responsible for developing own practice, including keeping up to date with national legislation, frameworks and policy change
· Quality Assurance Systems
What's on offer?
- Excellent competitive pay rate, paid weekly.
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Opportunities to work remotely
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- Previous experience within the same or similar role.
- Along with your 'Right to Work' documents we will need 2-3 references from previous employers.
- Relevant qualifications/certificates.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**