Children' Social Worker (Child Protection) 5177673
United Kingdom || Liskeard || Greenbank Road || PL14 3DZ
We require a qualified, experienced social worker for our Child Protection Team in Liskeard whilst recruitment takes place.
Cornwall Council’s Children and Family Services deliver effective front line services that safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people. Our social workers are innovative, positive and dedicated to make a real difference. Team Managers ensure regular reflective supervision and our training package is second to none.
Cornwall is a beautiful part of the Country whereby you can enjoy a healthy work life balance.
The successful candidate should be able to hold child protection cases, have good written and verbal communication skills to work with a range of professionals and vulnerable families and Chair multi-agency core group meetings. To complete and present reports within the Child Protection arena using Signs of Safety approach.
• Court work including formulating and writing social work evidence, care plans and assessments;
• Child Protection work including risk assessments, reports to Child Protection reviews, management & chairing of multi-agency core groups
• Working closely with children of all ages and with parents in often extremely stressful circumstances
The candidate must hold a recognised social work qualification and be able to travel and have their own transport. The role is initially for 3 months with the possibility of being reviewed for extension.
What's on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate - paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**