Children' Social Worker (Cared for Children) 000474131
United Kingdom || Rochdale || || OL16 1XL
Experienced Social Worker required for Rochdale's Cared 4 Children Team
Rochdale’s Cared 4 Children’s Teams are managed by a team of 3 experienced permanent managers, we have a cohort of Advanced Practitioners (one in each team) with reduced caseloads to be able to coach and mentor the staff in their teams. We have a committed dedicated social work service – 5/6 workers in each team who continually go the extra mile for our children.
We are looking to appoint, part of the Cared 4 Children Team experienced, flexible, enthusiastic and conscientious Social Workers with experience in managing complex cases (Cared 4 Children and transition to leaving care cases). The successful candidate will be part of an experienced, proactive and supportive team and will assist in its approach to providing a social work service to children and young people who are Cared for by the authority.
Our agency workers are seen as an important resource for us and as such are given the same level of support and opportunities as our permanent staff – positively a number of our agency workers have recently chosen to progress to becoming permanent.
We have a commitment to continuing to embed our Relational Practice Model and to keeping caseloads at a manageable level to be able to achieve that.
We are looking for 2 agency workers who have experience in managing complex Cared 4 Children cases.
We are willing to offer above the standard rates for the right candidates who are able to demonstrate a level of experience and the ability to work with the approach that we are taking.
What's on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate - paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**