Children' Social Worker - Worcester - RQ422092
United Kingdom || Worcester || || WR5 2NP
Social Worker in the Kinship Team
Main Activities & Responsibilities:
The Social Worker is accountable to a Team Manager or nominated Supervisor. Supervision will be provided on an assessed basis dependent on experience, ability, qualifications and the number of more complex cases carried.
Work will be allocated to the Social Worker by the Team Manager or nominated Supervisor. The workload will comprise the provision of a service to clients who may be drawn from any client groups, to groups of clients or to communities.
Level 2 Social Workers will be expected to take responsibility for a small number of more vulnerable individuals or those with complex problems. Any group or community work responsibilities may include a small amount of more complex tasks. The proportion of more complex work allocation may be increased as part of the preparation for progress to a Level 3 post (SCP 31-34/37). Additional closer supervision may be provided to compensate for an increase in the proportion of complex work, for example, if any work already allocated becomes more complex.
Level 2 Social Workers may be expected, in an emergency, to take decisions affecting the liberty of clients or the removal of an individual from home.
The Social Worker is expected to develop a full understanding of his/her tasks and responsibilities in accordance with statute, including the authority vested in him/her in the legal authorisation.
The Social Worker will undertake Day Duty if required.
Level 2 Social Workers may be expected, on occasions, to represent the Authority in Court and also may be required to attend as a witness.
Social Workers will be required to attend relevant training courses and staff development programmes, when available.
Social Workers may be expected to undertake specific liaison functions and/or specific areas of work with other establishments/groups/agencies where such concentration arises primarily from organisational needs.
Social Workers may be expected to help the Department's Training Programme by providing In‑Service and Observational Placements for students and staff.
It is a condition of the post that you may be required to undertake stand-by duty for which payment will be made in accordance with NJC rates, which also covers occupied time of 10% or less of the session. Where the occupied time is greater than 10% of the session, such additional time will be paid at the appropriate overtime rate as determined by the County Council from time to time. Each overnight session on Monday to Saturday counts as one session for payment purposes, which each session on Sundays, Bank and Public holidays will count as two sessions for payment purposes.
What's on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate - paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**