Children and Young People Support Worker rq
United Kingdom || Manchester || Breeze Hill Road 9 || M46
I am recruiting both Permanent and temporary candidates, to join my client to support children in care in the Manchester Area.
Our client is a leading Provider of care to children and young people in the area and they are currently recruiting for Support Worker's on a Permanent basis, however with the aim for a very quick turnaround, temp to perm is also possible.
This position will be based in Manchester, but there are other units in the area as well.
This is supporting Children aged between 05-16, you will be helping to increase their independence skills.
It is essential that you have experience of working within a similar setting and preferably have completed NVQ3 Children & Young People Workforce or a similar qualification within this sector.
High standard of general education.
NVQ Level 3 Health & Social Care - Children and young People (CCYP) or equivalent.
Willingness to undertake further training.
To be responsible for the provision of Support for Vulnerable People (Service Users) for the Company.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
1. To assist the Young person's allocated Social Worker in the delivery of the service.
a) Provide transport/escort to the young person as directed in line with care plans
b) Conduct welcome and induction for Young people
c) Ongoing assessments
d) Provide ongoing support and monitoring of Service Users
e) Assist in welfare and NHS issues
f) Preparation of reports
g) Arrange appointments with various partner agencies
h) Maintaining regular contact with Young people
i) Informing Service Users of support groups
j) Assist Move-On of Service Users
2. To accurately record, create, maintain and update electronic records in respect of our young people
3. To prepare for and attend meetings as required or directed.
4. To provide mediation to Service Users as required and/or directed.
5. To effectively use IT packages to support the work of the company.
6. To work effectively and cooperatively across multi disciplinary teams.
7. To observe and maintain strict confidentiality in respect of the Service Users, Clients and Company.
8. To pro-actively assist in the development of policies and procedures of the Company.
9. To report any housing issues to the Services Department and to assist, where required, in the resolution of any defects.
10. To undertake On-Call duties as directed.
11. To participate, where required, in office reception duties.
12. Prepared to work sleep in shifts are required
13. Able to show flexibility to cover all offices across the company as and when required
Both permanent and temporary opportunities are available!