Children' Social Worker - Doncaster - RQ426274
United Kingdom || Doncaster || || DN4 5HF
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To undertake procedurally compliant assessments and section 47 enquiries that clearly identify levels and types of risk or need based on documented evidence.
2. To record and analyse information gathered during the process of social care assessment in line with the case recording policy, local and national guidance and best practice principles.
3. To undertake assessments in such a way as to lead to clear associated plans that address the issues identified for children in Doncaster.
4. To practice with a clear understanding of the relevant legislative principles, an up to date knowledge of research, emerging case law and best practice guidance.
5. Engage with children, their carers and families in such a way as to clearly understand their circumstances, wishes and feelings and form conclusions which direct longer term interventions focussed on the best interests of the child.
6. To have involvement in the process of taking and recording children’s contacts and referrals, contributing to achieving a full understanding of the issues being referred, the relative urgency, the level of risk or need and the action needed in individual cases.
7. Assist in the provision of court statements and prepare reports that may be required by the courts and bodies in connection with children’s services.
8. Work alongside colleagues in providing social care advice and interventions across Doncaster Children’s Services Trust and all agencies.
9. Prioritise in line with relative urgency/levels and types of risk and/or need and ensuring that children are safe and that their needs are met.
10. Contribute to the functioning of the team by fully engaging with the support of colleagues, understanding and working within established processes and advising less experienced staff members.
11. Contribute to the development of effective cross agency working both in individual cases and generally, where appropriate by providing representation to multi-agency meetings and forums.
12. Have ownership of own professional development, by fully engaging with developmental supervision, critically evaluating own practice and ensuring up to date understanding of emerging case law, research and best practice guidance.
13. Provide information, guidance and advice on availability of local services and practices relevant to work with children, young people and families;
What's on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate - paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**