Adoption Support Worker - Wirral - RQ425968
United Kingdom || Wallasey || || CH44
KEY TASKS 1. Support the development of the Adoption Agenda and improve support to children and young people with a plan for Adoption. 2. Undertake the day-to-day responsibilities delegated by the adoption support services advisor as identified in the Guidance and Regulations. 3. Undertake and review assessments of need for adoption support services as appropriate and in accordance with the Regulations. 4. Manage and co-ordinate indirect contact through the Information Exchange Letter Box System, and direct contact with birth families, including facilitating contact arrangements between adopted children and their birth parents, providing advice and support for adoptive families pre and post adoption order and supporting the Senior Practitioner in adopters’ support groups and social events. 5. Assist in the development and delivery of adoption training events 6. Develop support groups locally for those adopted and their adopted children 7. Establish and maintain links with appropriate agencies, voluntary groups, organisations and initiatives in order to develop the post adoption service 8. Work alongside Children’s Social Care teams to support the appropriate planning for and support of children, their families and carers including adopters 9. Carry out administrative tasks as required and ensure Service Users’ data/information and records are accurate, up to date, and kept in accordance with the requirements of the appropriate legislation and procedures.
What's on offer for the Support Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**