CHILDREN'S SOCIAL WORKER 000474B91
United Kingdom || Blackpool || || FY1 3AH
Social workers in our Strengthening & Supporting Families Teams support children and their families via Child in Need Plans, Child Protection Plans and PLO Pre-Proceedings. Our small teams each have 5 social workers, a Senior Social Worker and Team Manager. You will be supported to develop a relationship with your manager, have regular supervision, support from our Practice Development Team, excellent training opportunities and access to tools and resources to assist in your day to day work.
You will have the opportunity to develop trusting relationships with children and their families. Using our restorative and strength based co-produced Blackpool Families Rock approach we support families to have great outcomes and prevent children’s needs from escalating.
Candidates must be able to meet the following criteria:
· Experience and demonstrable skills in engaging children/young people through a variety of direct workmethods
· At least 2 years’ experiencein statutory children’s social work
· Good understanding of safeguarding children processes
· Experience of court work
· Experience of managing a varied and complex case load
· Ability to write concise,fit for purpose reports/court statements and ability to maintain up todate and accurate records.
· Ability to work as part of a team.
· Experience of inputting into children’s services data systems (Mosaic;ICS)
· Ability to be flexible, resilient and reflective.
You must have:
- A professional qualification in Social Work
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or other opportunities please visit www.jobs.Semester.co.uk to apply or feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285*