Part Time Adult's Mental Health Social Worker (AMHP) - Macclesfield - 5174304
United Kingdom || Rossendale, Macclesfield, High Peak, Stockport || || SK10
Grade 10 AMHP to work as part of the Cheshire East AMHP rota
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES 1 Consult with doctors, specialists and other professionals to establish service users' current circumstances and previous history. Collect additional relevant background information from a variety of sources, for example medical records, case notes, etc. 2 Interview the service user in an appropriate manner as defined by legislation, to undertake a full risk assessment which will inform the decision-making process for an application for detention. Co-ordinate the service user's assessment process which necessitates liaison with other professional bodies – e.g. the police (occasionally armed), ambulance services, or courts - to obtain warrants for entering premises. 3 Determine the appropriateness of an application for detention in hospital, completing the Approved Social Worker report and circulate to all relevant parties. Produce reports for hospital managers and in preparation for attendance at Mental Health Tribunals. Arrange the safe transport of the service user and legal documentation to the hospital, and check the documents for accuracy which could be the subject of legal challenge. 4 Identify and consult with the nearest relative of the service user, as defined by legislation. Advise the service user of his/her legal right of appeal, and the right of the nearest relative to request the discharge of the service user. 5 Make alternative arrangements for the service user’s care where an application is not made under the Act (or is refused) and to inform all relevant agencies, including the nearest relative, of these arrangements. 6 Maintain appropriate records of work undertaken and carry out required administrative procedures. 7 Prepare for and attend supervision sessions and staff meetings and make use of all available training and developmental opportunities. 8 Contribute to the evaluation and development of services and new ideas by sharing knowledge about theory, skills and practice with other Social Services staff, professional groups and interested bodies.
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**