Adults Senior Social Worker - Preston - RQ423533
United Kingdom || Preston || Bow Lane || PR1 8ND
*** WE ARE LOOKING FOR 3 FULL TIME CANDIDATES TO WORK WITHIN OUR HOMELESSNESS AND DOMESTIC VIOLENCE TEAM*** ***THE POST WILL BE PART REMOTE HOWEVER THERE IS AN EXPECTATION THAT THE CANDIDATE CAN TRAVEL TO AND FROM THE OFFICE AND POTENTIALLY TO COMPLETE VISITS; SOME OF THESE MAY BE EMERGENCIES***
The post holder is expected to carry out their duties and responsibilities in accordance with the County Council's Policies and Procedures and the Directorate's Statement of Principles and Standards of Conduct.
Accountabilities/Responsibilities – appropriate for this post:
1. Hold a reduced case load, which is likely to include a higher proportion of complex and contentious cases, which will be negotiated and reviewed via supervision
2. Supervise staff and undertake duties as delegated by the Team Manager:
(i) Act as a Practice Assessor to student Social Workers working towards stage 2 (have or commitment to work towards Practice Educator qualification)
(ii) Support the Team Manager with management of newly qualified staff through their first year of employment, and the probationary period for all new staff.
(iii) Supervise team members Grade 6-8 as required by service area
3. Support the Team Manager in the successful running of the team: support with complaints process, promote continuous improvement via case management and case progression meetings as well as updating Oracle as required.
4. Allocate work and approve financial agreements up to reasonable offer (depending upon service requirement).
5. Chair and co-ordinate a range of meetings specific to service area, offering support or undertaking work around Legal processes (e.g. Court Work, Legal challenges etc.), offer support to case conferences and produce high quality assessments and reports for a range of functions
6. Act in a consultative role in relation to complex cases, providing professional advice, support and learning opportunities.
7. Contribute to the development of policy, procedural and service development.
8. Take on lead roles and provide learning and support as appropriate.
9. Represent the Authority internally and externally at the request of the team manager; negotiating/liaising with Health and other statutory colleagues as required.
10. Operate with a higher level of independence and decision making.
11. Work with all levels of management as required, to improve practice and implement change.
12. To undertake additional duties as deemed appropriate by the team manager.
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**