Young people Support Worker #12289608
United Kingdom || Bristol || Stapleton Road || BS5
Full Time with an immediate start!
Our client is a leading Provider of care to children and young people in the area and they are currently recruiting for a Support Worker on a long term, potentially permanent basis following a successful 12 temporary period.
This is supporting Care Leavers aged between 15-18, you will be helping to increase their independence skills.
It is essential that you have experience of working within a similar setting and preferably have completed NVQ3 Children & Young People Workforce or a similar qualification within this sector.
High standard of general education.
NVQ Level 3 Health & Social Care - Children and young People (CCYP) or equivalent.
Willingness to undertake further training.
Current full driving licence with business Insurance
To be responsible for the provision of Support for Vulnerable People (Service Users) for the Company.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
1. To assist the Young person's allocated Social Worker in the delivery of the service.
a) Provide transport/escort to the young person as directed in line with care plans
b) Conduct welcome and induction for Young people
c) Ongoing assessments of Service Users’ needs
d) Provide ongoing support and monitoring of Service Users
e) Assist in welfare and NHS issues
f) Preparation of reports
g) Arrange appointments with various partner agencies
h) Maintaining regular contact with Service Users
i) Informing Service Users of support groups
j) Assist Move-On of Service Users
2. To accurately record, create, maintain and update electronic records in respect of our Service Users.
3. To prepare for and attend meetings as required or directed.
4. To provide mediation to Service Users as required and/or directed.
5. To effectively use IT packages to support the work of the company.
6. To work effectively and cooperatively across multi disciplinary teams.
7. To observe and maintain strict confidentiality in respect of the Service Users, Clients and Company.
8. To pro-actively assist in the development of policies and procedures of the Company.
9. To report any housing issues to the Services Department and to assist, where required, in the resolution of any defects.
10. To undertake On-Call duties as directed.
11. To participate, where required, in office reception duties.
12. Prepared to work with service users on a 1/1 basis or supporting groups of 3 young people 24/7 where sleep in shifts are required
13. Able to show flexibility to cover all offices across the company as and when required
Salary: £11.00-£12.00 per hour