Children' Social Worker - Locality Team - Urmston - 00046FB41
United Kingdom || Urmston || Cornhill Road || M41 5SZ
Your Main Priorities To work in a strengths-based way using relational practice with children and families to promote a high challenge/high support environment and create a culture that delivers the best outcomes for children and young people. To provide an efficient and effective social work service to children in need of support and their families. Working as part of a multi-agency team with children, young people and their families and providing support so that vulnerable children can remain within their families wherever possible. To ensure children and their families receive the right level of support at the right time. To work with families who have complex problems and where statutory intervention is required under the guidance of line management. About the Role Role Position in Structure Please refer to the organisation chart detailed on the Greater Jobs website. Key duties To provide a purposeful, professional social work service within a multi-agency team to children in need and their families, including the assessment of their needs, in accordance with statutory requirements and within the service procedures/guidelines. Undertake purposeful professional assessments with families which consider child’s needs, presenting risks, and protective factors with clear analysis and plan to support the required changes change. Use strength-based restorative approaches to embed a culture of working “with” children and their families in an environment of high challenge and high support. Work directly with families employing a range of social work knowledge and skills to identify and assess individual children and young people’s social, emotional, educational, occupational, recreational and cultural needs to bring about sustainable improvement and better outcomes for children Keep all recordings up to date and child focused, reflecting the voice of the child and their daily lived experience. Ensure there is clarity of the source of information and detail what is fact and what is professional judgement. Ensure that all assessments and formal documents are completed accurately and are written clearly and concisely avoiding jargon. Assess, evaluate and review programmes of work with children, young people and families including the coordination of services to children who are the subjects of multi-agency protection plans or who are children in care. Attend multi-agency meetings, reviews and conferences as required and represent the Local Authority in Court Proceeding. Ensure that professional registration with Social Work England is maintained and undertake continuing professional development (CPD) to ensure continued registration. Work in partnership with colleagues within the multi-agency service and with external agencies, to ensure plans for children are implemented and outcomes are recorded. Engage in individual and group supervision with managers and practice leads. Mentor and/or supervise junior colleagues or students and facilitate individual and group supervision with team members
What's on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate - paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**