Children' Social Worker (CiC) - Blackburn - 0004669E1
United Kingdom || Blackburn || Duke Street || BB2 1DH
Blackburn with Darwen Children's Services are seeking a temporary agency social worker to cover in the Children in our Care Team to start in early June 2021.
The candidate will hold a current Social Work England registration and have at least 2 - 3 year post qualification experience, ideally in statutory front line social work with Local Authority/ies in looked after children team/s.
You will be a car driver and have good I.T. skills, with previous use of Protocol Liquid Logic system an advantage but not essential.
• A recognised social work qualification ( MA/BA Social work, DipSW or equivalent)
• Social Work England registration
• Ability to identify children in need and/or risk of abuse
• Ability to work as part of a team and have good communication skills.
• Ability to work across cultures
• Ability to be able to maintain accurate records on I.T. system
• Ability to manage a caseload and prioritise work
• Ability to undertake child protection enquiries and determine the needs of and level of risk to children
• Skills in communicating with parents, carers and children
• Knowledge and understanding of Looked After Children’s health and educational needs
• An ability to involve service users and professionals in a planning and review process.
• Ability to work flexibly in order to meet the demands of the job.
• Access to/use of a vehicle is an essential requirement.
• This post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Due to the sensitive nature of the duties of the post holder will be expected to undertake a criminal record check as part of the recruitment process.
What's on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate - paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**