Children' Social Worker - PART TIME - Stockport - 000463671
United Kingdom || Stockport || || SK1
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Stockport's Aspire Complex Safeguarding team as a social worker, working 18.5 hours per week.
The Aspire Complex Safeguarding Service is part of Greater Manchester's approach to complex safeguarding and covers the following areas of practice:
Domestic Abuse including so-called honour based abuse and forced marriage
Child Sexual Exploitation
Child Criminal Exploitation and County Lines
Serious Organised Crime
Modern Slavery and Trafficking
Female Genital Mutilation
Radicalisation and Extremism
You will have excellent relationship-building skills, in order to reach out to children and young people to form authentic and trusting relationships with them. You will have knowledge of restorative practice and trauma-informed approaches to working with children and their families. You will have excellent assessment skills and the knowledge, experience and confidence to work alongside and support locality colleagues where complex safeguarding concerns arise.
You will get from us excellent supervision on a 4 weekly basis, opportunities for multi-agency learning within a service that is co-located with the Police and Health colleagues, access to learning circles, opportunities to develop your specialist knowledge in domestic abuse and complex safeguarding.
Candidates will need access to a car and business insurance.
Candidates will have significant post-qualifying experience in a statutory social work role.
What's on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate - paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**