Family Support Worker (Children with Disabilities Team) - Ellesmere Port - 5173710
United Kingdom || Ellesmere Port || || CH65 0BE
We are looking to recruit a Family Support Worker for our Children with Disabilities Team, based at Civic Way
The Team provides both an early help (TAF) and statutory social work service to disabled children who live across the Cheshire West borough so you will be required to travel between Chester, Winsford, Northwich and Ellesmere Port districts.
You will provide a high-quality family support and advocacy service to families with disabled children and young people with multiple and complex disabilities. Deliver relevant interventions in order to ensure that immediate needs are met whilst also aiming to stimulate long-term positive change to improve the welfare and life experiences, of disabled children and young people and their families
Our Children's Social Care workforce is passionate and committed to improving outcomes for children in our Authority by providing a consistent, high quality service to children and families; together with the support from excellent leadership and management. It is an exciting time to join Cheshire West and Chester. We are very proud that Ofsted have rated us as one of the top performing Children’s Services in the country; receiving overall “good” in our 2015 inspection and retaining “good” in our recent inspection in 2019.
OFSTED has acknowledged that our children benefit from a stable and resilient workforce. We are approved as a Partner in Practice with the Department of Education and won "Overall council of the Year" and "Best Innovation" awards in 2018. We have developed and continue to embed ‘New Ways of Working’ with our multi-agency partners in order to ensure improved collaboration and one common approach to practice utilising Motivational Interviewing and Trauma Informed Practice. Our teams are encouraged to work creatively in planning and decision-making with children and their families in order to achieve positive outcomes and with a focus on prevention at every level.
As a local authority, we have developed an inspirational offer to support and develop our valued workforce, including;
* high quality progression and developmental opportunities
* free parking at all our office locations
* work-life balance, flexible and remote working arrangements available, including up to date IT equipment, and a smart mobile phone for all employees
* competitive working rewards
* high quality supervision
* strong reflective practice framework
As employers, we recognise that Cheshire West and Chester Council has a major role to play in improving the quality of life of its employees. We are committed to agile flexible and mobile working and helping employees to maintain an effective balance between their work and home life.
What's on offer for the Support Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**