Children' Social Worker (Family Assessment and Support Team) 5169373
United Kingdom || Truro || || TR1
We require a qualified, experienced social worker to join our Family Assessment and Support Team in Truro, Mid Cornwall.
***Plus a contribution towards travel and accommodation expenses subject to negotiation***
Cornwall Council’s Children and Family Services deliver effective front line services that safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people. Our social workers are innovative, positive and dedicated to make a real difference. Team Managers ensure regular reflective supervision and our training package is second to none.
Cornwall is a beautiful part of the Country whereby you can enjoy a healthy work life balance.
The successful candidate should hold a Diploma in Social Work, CQSW, CSS, Degree in Social Work or other professional social work qualification recognised by Social Work England for the purpose of registration in the UK.
Experience of social work practice in an assessment team including completing social work assessments, holding child in need plans and progressing cases to ICPC if appropriate. Experience of joint investigations and ABE training preferable.
A good level of specific and applied professional expertise in this area of practice including relevant policy, legislation, guidance and best practice.
Applied knowledge and understanding of the needs and risks of a diverse range of children, young people and their parents/carers, promoting their full involvement in decision making, taking into account issues of equality and diversity.
Knowledge and experience of using the Signs of Safety model.
Proven ability to achieve high practice quality standards in the assessment of strengths, needs, risks, produce analysis and translate into a coherent plan that improves outcomes for children.
Good IT and word processing skills; be able to drive and have access to their own transport. The role is initially for 3 months with the possibility of being reviewed for extension.
What's on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate - paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**