Participation and Engagement Lead - Bolton - 00045DB91
United Kingdom || Bolton || Smithills Dean Road || BL1 6JS
The role is to develop and implement the process for the active involvement and participation activities for young people in services that affect them.
The role involves developing mechanisms/ activities to ensure that all children and young people are supported to participate and use their voice actively. The successful candidate will be able to organise, use their own initiative, undertake and lead on Youth Voice groups within the functioning participation structure on local and borough wide levels whilst also manage a small cross departmental staff team including supervision and development.
About You :
You will be skilled at taking complex ideas and turning them into engaging activities to ensure that all young people's voices are heard and listened to.
You will also have excellent interpersonal skills, have knowledge of relevant guidance policies relating to young people’s participation and have the ability to communicate with young people at all levels.
Strong organisational skills, an ability to manage your time effectively and work to tight deadlines, are also essential.
You should be educated to degree level in a related field eg; youth work/policing/social work or related field or significant practical experience in advocacy/ youth work or participation settings.
This is your chance to make a real difference.
Bolton Youth Service is part of The Department of Children’s Services, Bolton Council and is committed to working with children and young people throughout the Borough to access quality youth and participation opportunities. The Participation Team are engaging and dynamic, they develop and co-ordinate youth voice groups and active participation across the borough.
We are looking to recruit to our busy Participation Team by recruiting 1 Participation and Engagement Lead for 12 months, working 37 hours per week (availability for weekend and evening work essential) to cover maternity leave.
As this post is a designated customer facing role under the fluency duty it requires a specified level of spoken English as per the attached job description/person specification.
Free parking will be available onsite.
Is it essential that candidates can drive and mileage will be paid.
What's on offer:
· Excellent competitive pay rate - paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- Professional qualification at degree level in related field eg; Youth work/ policing/social work or related field OR significant practical experience in an advocacy/ youthwork or participation setting with the ability to evidence strategic and operational engagement to improve outcomes for young people
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**