CHILDREN'S SAFEGUARDING SOCIAL WORKER - Blackpool - #00045CAC1
United Kingdom || Blackpool || South King Street || FY1 4TR
My BLACKPOOL based client is currently looking for an experienced and Qualified Children's Social Worker to work in their Safeguarding Team.
We focus on safeguarding children and improving their outcomes, Join us on our improvement journey
Our Assessment and Support Teams undertakes Child & Family Assessments, supports children & families via Child in Need Plans on a short term basis and ensuring the partnership agencies offer ongoing Early Help Support.
The teams also undertake S7 private family court proceedings, Section 47 child protection enquiries and supports families to prepare for Initial Child protection Conferences. At times the service commences Initial Care Proceedings to safeguard children in emergency situations and undertake joint assessments with Housing regarding young people who are homeless.
You will have the opportunity to develop trusting relationships with children and their families. Using our restorative and strength based co-produced Blackpool Families Rock approach we support families to have great outcomes and prevent children’s needs from escalating. You will be supported to develop a relationship with your manager, have regular supervision, support from our Practice Development Team, excellent training opportunities and access to tools and resources to assist in your day to day work.
Candidates must be able to meet the following criteria:
· Experience and demonstrable skills in engaging children/young people through a variety of direct work methods
· At least 2 years’ experience in statutory children’s social work
· Good understanding of safeguarding children processes
· Experience of court work
· Experience of managing a varied and complex case load
· Ability to write concise,fit for purpose reports/court statements and ability to maintain up to date and accurate records.
· Ability to work as part of a team.
· Experience of inputting into children’s services data systems (Mosaic;ICS)
· Ability to be flexible, resilient and reflective.
You must have:
- A professional qualification in Social Work and experience of working with Children, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or other opportunities please visit www.jobs.Semester.co.uk to apply or feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285*