ADULT'S SOCIAL WORKER (Hospital Discharge) - Crewe - 5172792
United Kingdom || Crewe || || CW1 4QJ
A role in short term services working on hospital discharge and intermediate care. Some option for weekend working is available. Previous hospital experience preferred.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES 1 Assess the need for social work service including the identification of risk and the need for protection, determine the method of intervention, and decide and advise on the use of appropriate social services and/or other resources. 2 Liaise and negotiate with other professionals, statutory and voluntary agencies to ensure that the best possible service is provided for clients. 3 Manage and monitor an allocated workload within individual and group priorities and Council policies, and comply with the statutory obligations of the Group. 4 Maintain appropriate records of work undertaken and carry out required administrative procedures. 5 Prepare for and attend supervision sessions and staff meetings and make use of all available training and development opportunities. 6 Contribute to the evaluation and development of services and new ideas by sharing knowledge about theory, skills and practice with other social services staff, professional groups and interested bodies. 7 Supervise students where appropriate.
You must have:
- A professional qualification in Social Work and experience of working with Adult's, in particular previous experience of Assessment work.
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or other opportunities please visit www.jobs.Semester.co.uk to apply or feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285*