Children' Social Worker (EDT) - Oxford - 5172506
United Kingdom || Abingdon || Colwell Drive 1 || OX14 1AU
Emergency Duty Team Social Worker based at Abingdon Police Station.
We are working from home currently but this is subject to change. We remain Business as Usual for all direct and required visits and candidates will need to be able to access Oxfordshire in a timely manner to undertake visits as required.
We are an out of hours service which works from 5pm – 8.30am Monday to Thursday and from 4pm each Friday through to 8.30am Monday morning. This includes Bank Holiday cover.
Shift patterns are as follows: early shift: Monday – Thursday. 5pm – midnight and Overnight shift midnight to 8.30am
Friday evening early shift: 4pm – midnight - overnight shift midnight – 8.30am
Saturday and Sunday: three separate shifts 8.30 – 5pm / 5pm to 00:00 / 00:00 – 8.30am (weekend shift can differ in timing with an earlier o/n start 10pm – 8.30am) within the rotation pattern.
The social workers rotation works across a 5 week pattern and would not exceed 37 hrs per week.
This would not suit someone as a second job, this would need to be their only role due to health and safety.
The Emergency Duty Team are an out of hours service covering 126.5 hours of the operational working week, therefore you will be working alongside colleagues on a rotating Shift Pattern which will include some weekends and Bank Holidays. We work closely with our partner agencies and are co-located with Thames Valley Police in Abingdon Police Station.
About the role
The EDT service aim is:
• Is to provide a high-quality response to emergency referrals out of normal working hours.
• To provide appropriate support/interventions to vulnerable adults, children and families and to address safeguarding concerns.
• To provide out of hours advice and guidance to professionals.
• To be the first point of contact for professionals, vulnerable adults, children, families or members of the public who have a concern which cannot wait until normal office hours resume.
We are looking for someone who has three years post qualifying experience with good communication skills and telephone manner. You will carry out, thorough high-quality crisis led assessments for children and families, promptly identifying level of risk, need and services required to promote and ensure safe outcomes.
Provide tailored advice and information to children and families acknowledging the uniqueness of an individual needs and/or situation, referring to other agencies where applicable within the emergency response.
Provide factually accurate and reflective reports and a proactive personalised approach to the delivery of the service/support, responding to the needs as identified in a timely manner.
You will maintain a 'child/person' focused model of working and exercise professional curiosity in all areas of work. You will apply legal and professional knowledge and skills - balancing protection, risk and support to achieve positive outcomes for those requiring our service.
What's on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate - paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**