Senior Childrens Practitioner - Ferryhill - 7238312254959
United Kingdom || Ferryhill || Rowlandson Terrace || DL17
We are looking for a motivated and committed Senior Social Worker to join our Families First Service in Ferryhill where you will work with our most vulnerable children, young people and families. Your expertise will support families, help keep children safe and enable them to thrive. Our Families First teams are statutory teams responsible for children and young people from the point of referral to the point of permanence. In these teams you will complete single assessments, work with children on a Child in Need basis, undertake Child Protection Work and enquiries under Section 47, as well as Public and Private Law. We are wanting someone who can 'hit the ground running' so candidates must have CP and Care Proceedings experience. The candidate will carry a mixture of CIN, CP and court work and will be required to be part of the team's duty rota, taking referrals which come through the front door into the team. Due to COVID there is a combination of both home working and office working; we currently have buildings open and have created small 'bubbles' for our staff so they can work safely in offices on a rota system, should they wish to. We are committed to staff safety and through hybrid working, staff are completing a mixture of virtual and home visits / meetings. The role is for a full time post, 37 hours a week, the local authority uses the Liquid Logic Children's Integrated System.
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**