Children' Social Worker - Oldham - 00044F541
United Kingdom || Oldham || || OL1 1TT
To prepare for social work contact and involvement; understanding the journey of a child and their family.
To undertake the assessment of need and/or risk for children and young people and their families, as well as assessing parental capacity to change; continually analysing the situation for children, young people and their families.
To devise, implement and review SMART plans for children and young people, to ensure their needs are being met, that they are safe from harm, and that they are able to achieve optimum outcomes.
To work directly with children, young people and their families; to understand their experiences and intervening to help them make things better in their lives.
To respond appropriately to safeguarding matters, following relevant policies and procedures in matters whereby abuse is suspected.
To work in partnership with other agencies, to ensure the most appropriate and effective intervention for children, young people and their families.
To work with families pro-actively, exploring contingency plans with a view to avoiding crisis; but responding to crisis situations should they occur, using appropriate legal intervention where necessary.
To ensure timely and accurate case file recordings, ensuring personal information is kept confidential and treated respectfully.
To prepare for and contribute to meetings and decision-making forums, including Child Protection Case Conferences; to chair meetings as appropriate, for example Core Group Meetings.
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**