Adults Social Worker Hospital Discharge - Manchester - 00043AB91
United Kingdom || Wythenshawe || || M23 9LT
We are looking for an experienced Adults Social Worker to join our busy Hospital Discharge to assess team in South Manchester. Our service includes assessing people on discharge from hospital, covering intermediate care, discharge to assess and crisis service. The role will involve (but is not exhaustive) to assessing adults who have been discharged from hospital to either a home or care setting. You will be experienced in completing strengths based assessments, implementing support planning and reviewing. You will also be confident in assessing capacity and completing Safeguarding investigations.
The role will be mainly home based once you are confident and have completed relevant training. You will be required to partake in the duty rota which will involve being based at Wythenshawe hospital or our office in Northenden. You will be able to work well as part of a team, and offer support to your collogues, we encourage a supportive team environment for all, especially working in these difficult times. We welcome applicants from a background in adults community work or hospital discharge work.
Our offices are COVID secure, with screens. You will receive an individual COVID risk assessment and be expected to adhere to our COVID guidelines. There will be an onsite senior social worker
The post will cover 35 hours a week, 7 hours a day with shifts between 9-6, there will also be some weekend work, which is on a rota basis. We are a very supportive team, we have 'an open door' policy, meaning you have access to senior/manager support at all time. You will receive supervision every month and have access to training opportunities. Our agency staff are made to feel as part of our inclusive team, working together to provide positive outcomes for our citizens.
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**