Childrens Social Worker (CWD) - Blackburn - 00043D431
United Kingdom || Blackburn || Duke Street || BB2 1DH
BLACKBURN WITH DARWEN COUNCIL CHILDREN'S SERVICES REQUIRE A QUALIFIED EXPERIENCED SOCIAL WORKER TO WORK IN OUR CHILDREN WITH DISABILITY SERVICE FOR AT LEAST 3 MONTHS WITH A POTENTIAL FOR THIS TO BE EXTENDED, STARTING AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AND BE ABLE TO INTERVIEW WITHIN THE NEXT WEEK.
THE CANDIDATE WILL IDEALLY HAVE EXPERIENCE IN WORKING WITH CHILDREN WITH COMPLEX NEEDS INCLUDING DISABILITIES, LEARNING DIFFICULTIES AND HAVE CHILD PROTECTION/ COURT WORK EXPERIENCE, INCLUDING DOLS.
THE CANDIDATE MUST IDEALLY HAVE AT LEAST 2 OR 3 YEARS POST QUALIFICATION EXPERIENCE AND WORKED IN STATUTORY FRONT LINE SOCIAL WORK SERVICES.
EXPERIENCE WORKING FOR A LOCAL AUTHORITY/IES IS ALSO PREFERABLE, ALONG WITH EVIDENCE OF CAREER DEVELOPMENT, GOOD I.T. SKILLS, EXPERIENCE IN THE USE OF PROTOCOL LCS SYSTEM BUT THIS IS NOT ESSENTIAL, GOOD REFERENCES AND BE REGISTERED WITH SOCIAL WORK ENGLAND.
WE PROVIDE FRIENDLY AND ACCESSIBLE MANAGERIAL SUPPORT IN A MODERN OFFICE ENVIRONMENT WITH MODERN I.T. TECHNOLOGY (USE OF SKYPE AND MS TEAMS ETC.), FREE CAR PARKING FOR AGENCY WORKERS DIRECTLY BEHIND OUR BUILDING, AND ARE BASED IN A CENTRAL TOWN LOCATION.
DUE TO COVID-19, THERE ARE WORKING FROM HOME ARRANGEMENTS ON A ROTA BASIS, ALONGSIDE OFFICE WORKING, WHICH WILL BE EXPLAINED IN MORE DETAIL AT INTERVIEW.
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**