Adults Social Worker (Mental Health) - Bradford - 5170068
United Kingdom || Luton || The Boulevard 800 || LU1 3BA
Social worker/care coordinator for busy CMHT.
Main Responsibilities of Post:
- Undertake preventative work with service users to diminish safeguarding concerns. To provide a social work service to individuals, their families and carers by assessing and identifying their needs and meeting them through direct therapeutic work, support planning and management. Able to integrate a theoretical approach with practice.
- Manage a caseload, exercising complex decision making in line with professional criteria and making sure that case work is appropriately planned, critically evaluated, reviewed and documented in a timely manner.
- Engage effectively with situations of increasing complexity and challenge including multi agency input, complex family organisational dynamics, multiple problems/disadvantages, multiple significant risk factors, the need to take into account the Public Interest.
4. Identifying & facilitating appropriate options for service users to meet needs ensuring the best use of existing universal and specialist resources, and demonstrate innovation with these resources where appropriate.
- Assist in the development of new resources and work on specialist projects or service planning groups.
- Make appropriate use of legislation to safeguard and promote the welfare of service users. Act as investigating officer within the West Yorkshire Safeguarding procedures.
7. Give evidence to court and other relevant bodies as required, including evidence in court in proceedings including the presentation of reports and application of appropriate legal orders.
8. To participate continuously in professional development activities, including regular supervision and appraisal, in line with registration and Social Work Enlgand standards.
9. To act in accordance with the priorities and policies of the Department. Actively promote and support Council policies on Equality and working in an anti oppressive manner
- Self manage own challenging and demanding workload of cases, seeking support where necessary, undertaking research and applying emerging best practice.
11. Work in partnership with other agencies and organisations in line with the responsibility outlined above, in order to fulfil the provisions of a social work service. Maintain contact with a wide range of statutory and voluntary sector professionals for information exchange, the exercise of judgement and in order to influence outcomes in support planning and decision making.
12. To contribute to multi disciplinary assessments and participate in planning meetings Chair and lead meetings involving partner organisations. Facilitate consultation, partnership & participation with service users.
- Apply social work ethical principles and values to guide your professional practice and decision making including partnership with service users.
14. Mentoring newly qualified social workers and less experienced social work colleagues to develop their expertise. Provide / offer expert opinion within the organisation and to others as a result of developing expertise in one or more areas of practice. Participate in the provision of training throughout the Department
- Take an active role in inter professional and inter agency work, representing the perspective of their organisation. Demonstrate and promote information sharing within/between organisations.
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**