Senior Childrens Practitioner - Swinton - 0004488D1
United Kingdom || Swinton || || M27 5DA
PLEASE NOTE THIS POST IS FOR FOSTERING TEAM TO COVER MATERNITY LEAVE AND WIS EXPECTED TO BE A 6 MONTH POST. But will be reviewed every three months.
Main Duties include:
· To provide a high standard of fostering services for children looked after by Salford City Council.
· To ensure that children looked after are safely and securely placed with carers equipped and supported to meet their needs.
· To maximize the placement resources available through recruitment and retention of foster carers.
- To assist and advise children and families social workers and other professionals in care planning for children, identifying suitable family members to undertake the care of children looked after, and ensuring that resources are available to meet identified needs.
· To participate in the recruitment of foster carers including assisting with advertising and recruitment campaigns, taking referrals from members of the public wishing to foster and undertaking initial visits to offer advice and information about the application and approval process.
- To complete viability assessments, full fostering assessments and SGO assessments relating to Friends and Family foster carers within the prescribed framework
· To professionally supervise and support a caseload of approved foster carers.
· To undertake annual reviews of foster carers and make recommendations about their continuing suitability and terms of approval.
· To participate in a duty rota to provide a daily duty service which meets the needs of fostering services.
· To assist in the ongoing training of foster carers and advise carers on safe care strategies.
· You will prepare and produce a variety of high quality professional written documentation to required quality standards on behalf of the City Council.
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**