Childrens Social Worker - Warrington - 000440D41
United Kingdom || Warrington || Academy Way || WA1 2NT
We are looking for qualified agency social workers to come and join us here in Warrington. It’s an exciting time to be joining Children Social Care in Warrington as we are embedding relationship based practice and we were graded ‘Good’ in our Ofsted inspection. We have six teams in our Child in Need Service, with six great Team managers who are eager to support and develop all social workers alongside the senior practitioner.
Why you may want to consider Warrington for your next opportunity:
- We are located in the centre of Warrington so easily accessible from the M6 AND M62. We have recently moved to our new building in Time Square, this is a great work space with hubs and pods which will provide a great environment to work, furthermore, with cafes and restaurants on the doorstep.
- In addition, as a result of the pandemic we have reviewed our working practices and now offer significant opportunities to work from home for those who wish too;
- Our agency staff are valued, respected and support as key addition to our service. As well as you supporting us, we will be equally as keen to provide you opportunities to support your development;
- Also, we have a range of exciting and impactful developments in Warrington that our social workers can utilise in supporting families, including:
1. No wrong door – a multi-agency hub where young people at risk of going into care get targeted support to cope with the multiple issues they face;
2. Families first (which includes Family Group Conference Co-ordinators, PAMS assessors and family support workers);
3. A family time service (to assist in arranging and supervising the time that our children in care spend with their families);
4. Restore - a service designed to work with Mothers who are pregnant and have children previously moved, with the aim of reducing repeat removals;
5. Administrative team – the team are able to assist with taking minutes of meetings, scanning documents onto the system and other administrative tasks.
What are we looking for:
We are looking for committed social workers who are passionate about supporting families to achieve change, should they be Children in Need, Child Protection or Children in Care. We also have thrive off good multiagency working and relationships and have excellent support services available to assist with supporting families.
Here in Warrington we are proud to be graded Good in all areas in our 2019 Ofsted inspection. Which says;-
“Most social workers are permanent and experienced employees. This is complemented by a continuous supply of both recently qualified and qualifying social workers, who unanimously endorse the high standard of support and early career development provided by the local authority. Social workers’ morale across the service is high, and they are realising the benefits of smaller teams, continuous allocation to children, manageable caseloads and the considerable investment in their training and development. Social workers also appreciate the importance given to their emotional well-being and welfare through regular ‘check-ins’."
We have a strong vision for social work practice in Warrington and are developing a new approach to social work. We are currently embedding a relationship based practice model that has systemic practice at its core. We are working alongside the Centre for Systemic Social Work, who are providing a comprehensive training programme to social workers and managers across our teams.
In Warrington we want all children and families to benefit from high quality and purposeful relationships with professionals. We believe this will help create the best opportunities for people to change and reach their full potential. We also believe one of the most effective ways to improve the outcomes for children and families is through providing our social workers with the best conditions in which they can thrive.
So if you want to make a difference to the lives of vulnerable children and young people with relationship based practice at the heart of everything we do and develop great relationships, then come and join us in Warrington where we are passionate about our work with children and families. We have high aspirations for our children and welcome those who share our ambition.
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**