Team Manager Childrens - Manchester - 000444501
United Kingdom || Manchester || Acre Street 2 || M34
Team Manager – Employed by Tameside Council, based at Bolton Regional Adoption Agency
To achieve our ambitious improvement plans we need suitable experienced professionals with drive, integrity and ambition. In Tameside we want to achieve the best outcomes for our Cared For Children. In order to achieve this we are looking for an enthusiastic and positive team manager to lead our Adoption Service as part of Adoption Now.
You will be employed by Tameside Council, and seconded to the Regional Adoption Agency based at Bolton. This is an exciting job opportunity within the management team at Adoption Now and you would have a key role in developing and shaping adoption services across six local authorities. This management post is in the care planning and family finding team and has responsibility for finding families for children who have a plan for adoption across Adoption Now and for supporting children’s case holding social workers in Tameside.
You will need to be experienced in adoption work and in managing children’s social care cases and have the flexibility to work across local authority areas. The post is based in Bolton and you will need to work flexibly to travel to the six spokes on a regular basis (Bolton, Blackburn, Bury, Rochdale, Oldham and Tameside).
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**