Practice Supervisor - Bradford - 5170490
United Kingdom || Bradford || Manchester Road || BD5 0QL
Must be prepared to attend office sometimes therefore ideally suitable for local candidates
This role will support the Management Team across Children’s Services in delivering a high quality Social Care Service to children and their families. To assist the team manager in the support and development of the staff team and the wider service.
There will be a particular emphasis on mentoring and supporting new social workers, including support and supervision responsibilities to newly qualified social workers undertaking the ASYE, to support their learning, seek out opportunities for their development and coaching as required.
Contribute to practice development, including undertaking activity that links to the Childrens Services performance framework.
To deputise in the absence of the team manager as required in consultation with the duty team manager.
To operate within departmental policy, practice and procedures.
Significant experience of managing complex case work including child protection work and Court proceedings is necessary
Hold Full Practice Educator qualification at Stage two. Or, demonstrate a willingness to achieve Full Practice Educator qualification at stage two starting within 6 months of appointment.
At least 4 years relevant social work experience required, other experience welcome.
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**