Safeguarding and Quality Officer - Warrington 0 00043a1b1
United Kingdom || Warrington || || WA1 2QB
This vacancy has arisen to cover maternity leave for upto 12 months.
This post will respond to and address safeguarding and quality issues in care provision. There will be an emphasis on the delivery of improvements where CQC ratings or other concerns indicate it to be a priority. You will also be responsible for screening and undertaking S42 enquiries within care homes where the focus is on the provider.
We are looking for someone with a relevant health/ social care qualification, a good understanding of legislation and regulations and experience of working in a social care or health setting with adults and/or older people. Experience of safeguarding, multi-agency working and working as part of a team are also essential.
Primary Purpose and Scope of the Job:
· To work within the Councils statutory duties for adults with care and support, leading on investigating and addressing improvement actions issues within care provision arising from safeguarding and care quality concerns.
· Working in partnership with adults who use services, their advocates and carers, care providers and other key partners to deliver a targeted improvement programme utilising a range of support and development opportunities.
· Advise, support and provide constructive and effective challenge to service provider’s regarding their regulatory and contractual requirement.
· Assess and manage areas of risk, need and service provision. Escalate risks appropriately in order that appropriate regulatory, contractual or safeguarding processes are activated.
· Support the development of a clear assurance framework for effective investigation of Safeguarding and Care Quality concerns and S42 enquiries. Support the effective implementation of the councils safeguarding and care quality policies and procedures, ensuring MSP is central.
· Contribute to a team to support continuous development and operational effectiveness.
1. Experience of working in a social care or health setting with adults and/or older people (E)
2. Experience of assessing and support planning for adults with complex support care and
support needs (E) A
3. Experience of person-centred assessments and self-directed support and risk management
4. Experience of safeguarding adults work (E) I
5. Experience of working in or with care provision in order to deliver personalised care (E) I
6. Experience of working with adults with a range of needs e.g learning disability, physical
disability, mental health (E) A
7. Experience of working autonomously and under pressure (E) I
8. Experience of working as part of a team (E) A
9. Experience of multi-agency working (E) AI
1. Relevant health/ social care qualification e.g. RGN, CSS CQSW Dip SW or SW degree, OT.(E) C
2. Registered with relevant professional body registration. HCPC or NMC (E) C
3. Good understanding of relevant legislation, regulations, guidance and frameworks in relation
to the specific service delivery areas of Adult Social care (E) A, I
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**