Childrens Social Worker - Warrington - 000422381
United Kingdom || Warrington || Troutbeck Avenue || WA5 0BA
Agency Social worker: Together for Adoption, Recruitment and Assessment Team
Required to work flexibly
Join ‘Together for Adoption’ Regional Adoption Agency and you will play a vital role in the recruitment, assessment, and support of prospective adoptive parents. We are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic, highly motivated Social Worker to join our Team.
The post holder will work directly with adoptive families throughout their journey to adoption. In addition, the successful applicant will contribute by supporting and promoting the development of the service and maintaining a high standard of professional practice.
Together for Adoption is a Regional Adoption Agency hosted by Wigan Borough Council which provides adoption services across Cheshire West and Chester, Halton, St Helens, Warrington, and Wigan Borough Council footprints.
You will work directly with adopters throughout the assessment process. This will include attending recruitment campaigns, providing a duty system, delivering Information sessions, preparation groups for adopters and additional training programmes as required. Engaging in the Initial and comprehensive assessments of adopters and supporting them through the matching process, placement of child/ren until the adoption order is granted.
To represent the service in permanence planning meetings and give advice and guidance on achieving permanence for children.
To build strong working relationships with Locality teams and with partner agencies to best represent the Regional Adoption Agency and children who have adoption plans.
We are keen to hear from you if you have a genuine interest in this rewarding, challenging and interesting area of work. We require a qualified social worker who has a professional background in adoption or fostering work which will preferably include the assessment of prospective adopters or foster carers, and with a varied range of skills and experience in children’s services.
Applications are welcomed from qualified social workers with the relevant experience. You are required to have excellent communication skills and be able to work effectively with a wide range of agencies. You are required to have a sound knowledge base around adoption legislation and guidance and will be expected to apply consistently high standards to ensure better outcomes for children and their families. We need a social worker who enjoys a varied daily workload within a stable and well supported team.
The post holder will join a lively and committed team and will be supported to further develop their skills, knowledge and experience through effective training, regular supervision, and performance development reviews.
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**