Childrens Social Worker - Hartlepool - 1003818112213851
United Kingdom || Hartlepool || Victoria Road 8 || TS24 8AY
Full time, experienced Social Worker required ASAP to work within Hartlepool's Safeguarding and Assessment Team. The successful candidate will be expected to provide a comprehensive social work service to children, young people and their families; be involved in legal proceedings and permanency planning for those children and young people who cannot live with their parents/carers; carry out social work duties and tasks in accordance with the policy and procedures of the department and standards set down in law, guidance and regulations; to work with members of the public and other agencies/departments to assess needs, risks and eligibility for services; to agree Care Plans and to arrange and deliver services; work effectively with children, young people and their families and ensure that their views are taken into account throughout the assessment, planning and review process; ensure that all necessary information regarding individual children and their families is input appropriately into the Integrated Children’s System in accordance with specified standards, to feedback to the team manager any problems in relation to the effective provision of services and/or policies, and any other duties of a related nature which might reasonably be required and allocated by the Team Manager. All staff will be expected to consider their role in the context of the objectives that the Department is working towards and to contribute constructively to the continuous improvement, performance management and best value culture and also the interagency context of the Department’s work. Current working arrangements are a combination of office based and homeworking. The start date and end date of the post are a guide only, this can be discussed further with the Team Manager prior to commencement. Flexible working arrangements are available and can be discussed further with the Team Manager.
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**