Adults Social Worker - Shropshire - RQ418808
United Kingdom || Oswestry || Arthur Street || SY11 1JR
You will be working alongside colleagues from MDT including Social Workers, Integrated Care Services, Community Mental Health Nurses, Housing and Occupational Therapists.
You will be undertaking assessments and care act responsibilities within a rural geographical area of North West Shropshire working with adults with disabilities and older people. In addition, you will also contribute to the Multi-Agency Adult Safeguarding procedures and investigation processes.
This position will also include Community DOLS applications, being responsible to complete all associated assessments, including Mental Capacity and Best Interests.
Each member of staff will receive induction training to provide basic knowledge of their job and the organisation. On-going training will also be offered in the form of in- house training or attendance at external courses for skills, and personal development, as individual needs are identified.
§ With access to advice and within normal arrangements for departmental accountability, to offer a social work service to vulnerable adults including people with a Disability, older adults and their carers taking account of the framework of relevant Acts of Parliament, Council policy and Partnership policies. This may take the form of:-
a) continuous support to people with older adults, adults with a long-term physical disability and or with a learning disability,
b) support users diagnosed as having a dementia type illness or psychiatric disorder.
c) Specialist knowledge and experience of working with adults with learning disabilities and physical disabilities.
§ To undertake training, as required.
§ This post is in the adult social care community team where the emphasis is on maximising independence to enable people to remain in their own communities and homes.
§ Use of a strength based model in practice and performance
§ Engagement and development of customer interaction encouraging and values contribution to practice.
§ To work in line with legislation, council policies and procedures
§ To work in partnership Integrated Care Service team with people in hospitals to facilitate appropriate and timely discharges
§ In collaboration with other professionals, to make an assessment of individual client need and implement and monitor the agreed care plan, as appropriate.
§ To contribute to the development of all aspects of the services
§ As part of the requirement of the Social Work England registration you will be required to maintain evidence of continuing Professional Development in the agreed format.
§ To co-ordinate the use of all resources - fieldwork, residential and day care - towards the development of a preventative service.
§ To maintain records and statistics in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
§ To attend meetings and act as a representative of the Department, as required. To attend training sessions and contribute to team training sessions, as appropriate.
§ To take part in rota systems for same day responses as required.
§ To liaise with other statutory and voluntary agencies, as appropriate.
§ To comply with safe systems of work in accordance with the Department’s Health and Safety and Welfare policies and procedures.
§ To develop an understanding and awareness of issues related to equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice and to demonstrate this in carrying out your duties.
§ Responsible for promoting continuing personal and professional/vocational development of self through staff development processes.
§ The post holder may be required from time to time to undertake other duties, not specifically mentioned in this Job Description.
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**