Childrens Social Worker - Stockport - 000436341
United Kingdom || Stockport || || SK1 3XE
Stockport’s Multi Agency Safeguarding and Support Hub (MASSH) is the ‘front door’ to Stockport Family services where support or safeguarding needs have been identified for a child and their family.
As a First Response Social Worker within the MASSH you will be required to respond to contacts from families, professionals and anonymous sources in a timely way to identify and secure the most appropriate service to support and safeguard children and families. You will communicate with families, partner agencies and members of the public to enable you to analyse historical and current concerns in order for you to carry out timely multi-agency MASSH assessments with recommendations. You will have a good understanding of statutory social worker functions and be confident in making informed threshold decisions.
As a First Response Social Worker you will:
- Ensure you provide an effective, coordinated response to the needs of children, young people and families identified through MASSH enquiries.
- Identify and secure the most appropriate service to support and safeguard children and families.
- Be accountable to the First Response Team Leader for the enquiries you undertake and to contribute to the decisions that are reached within Stockport MASSH ensuring that all children and families are protected and safeguarded
- Be accountable for providing high quality front-line service delivery
Stockport is Ofsted rated Good (2017) and works within a restorative practice model, building positive and trusting relationships with children, families and colleagues to achieve good outcomes.
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**