Childrens Social Worker 000432761
United Kingdom || Wigan || || WN1 1NJ
We are looking for creative and knowledgeable social workers who are able to support our most complex families supporting them through effective intervention, direct work and assessments in line with children who are being worked at threshold of child in need, Child protection and children who are being supported through Care proceedings. We are looking for passionate and dedicated social workers who have insight in working within these areas and who we would love to have as part of our teams.
You will have two years statutory social care experience either in Duty and Assessment or a locality team, be an excellent communicator who understands the value and importance of integrated working. You’ll be a strong team player who is used to working in a person-centred way, allowing you to be efficient in time management, report writing, completing assessments and providing both written and verbal evidence in care proceedings. You will have a holistic approach to work, with a keen focus on reducing inequalities and supporting individuals to develop their resilience and improve outcomes.
You will be HCPC registered and have a thorough knowledge and experience of legislation, statutory guidance and regulations relating to children in need of support or protection. You will also need to have experience of safeguarding and court work.
The Locality social work team at Wigan Council are currently looking to recruit social workers within the service. There are vacancies across different bases; covering the breadth of the Local Authority, working within locality social work teams who manage a range of cases to ensure the best possible outcomes for both children and their families across the borough.
You will be working in a busy and friendly team and will work predominantly with children in need, child protection, care proceedings and private law applications, working on a longer-term basis with children, young people and their families, providing help and support to help families make effective change.
You will ensure the delivery of a high quality and effective social work service to facilitate, empower and promote independence, strengths and assets of both individuals and local communities. You will work in partnership with children, young people and parents, some of whom can be difficult to engage.
Wigan Council has been voted ‘Council of the Year’ at the 2019 LGC Awards and has recently published The Deal 2030, our ambitious plan for our borough.
Wigan is an energetic and dynamic council widely celebrated for being innovative and forward thinking in a backdrop of established relationships with our partner agencies. We are an enthusiastic team, who are fully committed to helping our residents by providing robust mechanisms to safeguard and protect the most vulnerable members of our community, implementing a person-centred approach to achieve the best possible outcomes.
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**