Administration Assistant - County Durham - 1003401412204888
United Kingdom || Peterlee || Hackworth Road 2 || SR8 2JQ
DESCRIPTION OF ROLE:
7.1 The post holder will be responsible for providing Administrative Support in a customer focussed Support Services team within Regeneration and Local Services, and will work closely with the Heads of Service and Technical Staff to ensure the team are providing a quality back office support service.
These teams will comprise of
· Building & FM Services
· Clean & Green
· Neighbourhood Protection,
· Refuse & Recycling
· Strategic Waste Management
· Design Services,
· Strategic Highways
· Highway Services
In addition the post holder will be responsible for transforming existing systems with an aim to eradicate paper and promote electronic data interchange/ filing where possible. Also challenging and streamlining existing systems in accordance with lean systems thinking to remove unnecessary processes. A flexible approach must be adopted at all times and an ability to manage and motivate staff at all times is essential.
8. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES SPECIFIC TO THIS POST:
Listed below are the responsibilities this role will be primarily responsible for:
8.1 Challenging existing ways of working in order to develop lean systems with electronic data interchange, electronic filing and on-line input wherever possible.
8.2 Assist in the development of procedural guidance notes for all functions within the service.
8.3 To work with a customer focussed team approach.
8.4 To participate in team meetings and ensure effective and efficient channels of communication are facilitated.
8.5 Assist in identification of risks within the service area.
8.6 Promote a positive culture with colleagues and contributing to providing continuous service improvement.
8.7 Work with the team to ensure invoices are paid in accordance with P2P procedures
8.8 Where required rotate duties with other members of staff in the section to ensure cover is provided at all times of absence
8.9 Work with other colleagues in Business Support to ensure peaks and troughs in other areas are supported
8.10 Ensure a professional approach to work is adopted at all times
8.11 Work with the other Administration Assistants to ensure a quality service is provided to front line services at all times.
8.12 Ensure relevant Risk Assessments are carried out as appropriate to the section area.
8.13 Ensure post handling is carried out efficiently and effectively over the appropriate sites
8.14 To work with other Support staff to assist in providing documents and reports to defend
8.15 To work with other members of the team to ensure resources are efficiently and effectively used
8.16 Work with Technical Staff to ensure administrative support is in accordance with business needs
What's on offer?
- Excellent competitive pay rate, paid weekly.
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Opportunities to work remotely
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- Multi agency minute taking.
- Previous experience within the same or similar role.
- Along with your 'Right to Work' documents we will need 2-3 references from previous employers.
- Relevant qualifications/certificates.
- DBS desired (Not essential for all roles)
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**