Childrens Social Worker RQ416979
United Kingdom || Liverpool || Wavertree Road || L7 1PH
· Hold and effectively manage a complex and varied caseload with appropriate supervision, guidance and support, reflecting the function of the team and Children’s Social Care in accordance with policy, procedures, guidance and legislation.
· Undertake work within legislative frameworks including the preparation of written statements and representations to the judiciary at Court hearings.
· Be accountable for complex decision making in relation to caseloads ensuring professional judgement, evidence based tools, critical reflection and analysis to inform this.
· Model critical reflection and evidence based decision making and support others in developing these.
· Demonstrate a critical knowledge of the range of theories and models for social work intervention with individuals, families, groups and communities and the methods derived from them.
· Identify and assess levels of risk and need (within statutory frameworks) in often complex situations. Deliver protective and/or supportive services for children at risk, in need and/or looked after. To maintain up to date assessments, care plans and reviews.
· Communicate skilfully and confidently in complex or high risk situations. Model and help others develop communication skills
· Attend and represent the department at a range of multi-disciplinary forums and undertaking the role of Chair as required.
· Undertake Achieving Best Evidence interviews as required.
· Undertake direct work with children, young people and their families in line with Children in Need, Child Protection and Care plans.
· Work co-operatively with colleagues and in partnership within the Council and across multi - agency boundaries.
· Contribute to current practice expectations, identifying areas of poor practice issues and taking appropriate action.
· Model inclusive practice in relation to identity and diversity, challenging any issues of concern.
· Take responsibility for obtaining regular professional supervision to ensure effective practice, reflection and career development.
· Prepare and participate in Performance and Development Reviews, identifying areas for improvement and carrying out agreed learning and development opportunities including using research to inform practice.
· Take responsibility for the professional learning and development of self and others including participating in team meetings and contributing to the development of the team.
· Ensure that reports are up to date, of a high quality and submitted according to appropriate timescales.
· Ensure that expenditure on cases is properly authorised and recorded.
· Be responsible for accurate, sensitive, timely and up to date data entry on all cases including:
- data entry on ICS and any other electronic tools or database
- data required for specific PIs/targets,
- Due consideration being given to any legal and human rights of the individuals concerned.
· Ensure that client information data is lawfully gathered, accurate, up to date and only divulged in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the local government common law duty of confidentiality. Failure to apply these duties can lead to the individual or the Service facing court proceedings.
· Undertake any other duties as directed from time-to-time to meet the exigencies of the service.
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**