Childrens Senior Social Worker - Dudley - RQ418327
United Kingdom || Dudley || Corbyn Road || DY1 2JZ
We are looking for four Senior Social Workers to join the Assessment & Duty Team at our Corbyn Road location.
With supervision and advice, work to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and promote their upbringing by their families, wherever and whenever possible, by the provision of services. Adhere to the General Social Care Council (GSCC) Code of Practice of Social Workers.
MINIMUM STANDARDS: CQSW/CSS/DipSW qualification. Social work experience of working in local government, voluntary or independent sector. Direct experience of working with children, especially those from different racial & cultural backgrounds. Ability to initiate, draft & produce reports. Ability to deal with / record casework, communicate effectively with client groups & professionals in order to assess client needs. Ability to develop person-centred care plans. Ability to deal with conflict and complaints. Ability to participate within a duty team framework. Knowledge of relevant statutory social work legislation. Knowledge of the issues relating to the well-being of service users covering a wide range of clients.
MINIMUM HEALTH & SAFETY KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED: Demonstrable basic health & safety knowledge relevant to the job, according to Section 7 HSWA and Council policy.
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**