Senior Adults Practitioner - Newcastle - 5165112199146
United Kingdom || South Shields || Westoe Road 33 || NE33 2RL
The role will mainly be working form home with systems and computer access due to Covid -19, also is the opportunity to be based in the office at Town Hall South Shields.
Advanced Practitioners: - As a key member of the management team, Advanced Practitioners working in Adult Social Care are expected to play a leading role within their specialist practice area, assisting the Team Manager to facilitate practice improvement and development, motivating and inspiring our practitioners to provide adult social care best practice, that delivers positive outcomes for people, carers’ and their families.
Working closely with the Principal Social Worker, Advanced Practitioners will contribute towards the development of service provision; policies; quality assurance and performance; training and effective multi-disciplinary working. They will play a key role around the management, teaching and assessment of social work students, carrying out practice learning in South Tyneside and newly qualified social workers undertaking their ASYE within the team. In addition, whilst acting as a role model for critical reflection and analysis within clinical supervision they will champion evidence based practice to support defensible decision making and build on good practice, but also identify areas for learning which could be from compliments, complaints and case reviews.
The Advanced Practitioner will demonstrate an applied knowledge of Adult Social Care legislation including the Care Act, The Mental Health Act, Mental Capacity Act and the NHS Continuing Health Care framework, enabling the Advanced Practitioner to pass on professional knowledge to team members and provide advice on complex procedural matters. This will include confidence and competence in decision making, chairing meetings, and a knowledge and breadth of experience in a range of assessments and interventions.
Advanced Practitioners will carry a small protected caseload of complex cases. They will look to undertake research projects, attend networking events and provide training and coaching opportunities for team members, newly qualified social workers and students through group supervision, quality of practice groups and action learning sets.
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**