Team Manager (Adults) - Launceston - 2021AGY15
United Kingdom || Sunderland || || SR2 7DN
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Service for a Team Manager for Learning Disabilities for 6 months. The successful candidate with be a qualified social worker who is enthusiastic and committed to working in a person centred way and takes a strengths based approach with customers and carers. Working knowledge of the Care Act, Mental health Act and Mental Capacity Act including COPDOLS are also essential . The duties of the post include:- - Managing a team of Social workers and Assessment and Review officers. To include supervision of staff, allocation of work to staff and authorisation of care and support packages. - Managing the performance of the team, including compliance with performance targets and statutory duties as set out in relevant legislation. - Working within Budgetary requirements Social work degree essential. Excellent communication and management skills, plus a solid understanding of the relevant statutory frameworks, and best practice. Leadership skills and experience of managing staff, including development and motivation of individuals and a team. Evidence of supporting staff within a very busy and challenging work environment. Ability to work as an individual and as a part of a diverse management team. An understanding of national and regional policy and legislation, including the Transforming Care Agenda is necessary. A commitment to a flexible approach to their work to meet demands. The post holder will report to the strategic manager who will give direction in terms of the work to be undertaken. IT equipment to include laptop and mobile phone will be provided.
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**