Adults Social Worker - Trafford - 000436321
United Kingdom || Manchester || Central Road 4 || M31 4EL
The successful applicant will be responsible for managing a caseload within Adult Social services and will be able to demonstrate a solid understanding of the principles of the Care Act 2014; Empowerment, Protection, Prevention, Proportionality, Partnership and Accountability.
The post holder will be required to complete statutory assessments with vulnerable adults and their carers, demonstrating a commitment to anti discriminatory practice and person centered care, with a focus on improved health and wellbeing, independence, strengths based assessments and creative support planning. There will be a requirement to ensure resources are utilised appropriately and proportionately. There will also be a willingness to understand and utilise local/3rd sector services and where required, obtain funding and implement services through direct payments or through the procurement of appropriate services.
The appointed social worker will be required to be confident working in a multi-agency context in the best interests of service users. The successful applicant should be confident applying the principles of the Mental Capacity Act to decision making and promoting the rights of vulnerable adults, to self-determination.
The post holder will be required to lead on safeguarding enquiries as per the requirements of the Care Act 2014
The person applying for this role should be well organised and motivated. They should be a good communicator and will be required to keep up to date records and confidentiality. The person should be a car user and IT literacy is highly desirable.
The successful applicant will be supported by a senior practitioner and service manager and will utilise supervision constructively to engage in reflection and learning.
*Due to Covid19 restrictions there may be an expectation of home working. MS TEAMS will be available
Mileage payable for essential journeys
What's on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**